Understanding Copper Sulfate’s Effect on Ponds

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Understanding Copper Sulfate's Effect on Ponds
Copper Sulfate

Understanding Copper Sulfate’s Effect on Ponds

Copper sulfate is an inorganic compound that is used as a biocide to kill bacteria, algae, roots, plants, snails, and fungi. Copper sulfate is highly toxic to fish. Even at recommended rates of application, this material may be poisonous to trout and other fish, especially in soft or acid waters. The toxicity of copper sulfate depends on the copper content. As an element, copper can persist indefinitely. Copper sulfate has been registered for use in pesticide products in the United States since 1956.

Get The Full Private Brief









 






The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.

Golf Club

GMs, Mechanics, Owners, Pros, Superintendents