Each quarter we canvas the industry's most reliable sources to bring you up-to-date and relevant information on aquatic research, Best Management Practices (BMPs) and methods that help keep your water assets healthy. Additionally, our BRIEFS are presented as concise summaries, giving you what you need to know quickly. Subjects range from water management and monitoring to water quality issues to pond habitat and more. All are designed to keep you informed, knowledgeable and current.
Not a problem—simply sign up to get quarterly emails linking you directly to the latest editions. Whether you're an HOA, a golf course superintendent, stormwater manager or pond owner, you'll gain valuable insights from reliable sources like GCSAA Best Management Practices, USGA, Golf Course Management magazine, U.S. EPA, U.S. Army Corp., and colleges and universities.
Copper sulfate is an inorganic compound that is used as a biocide to kill bacteria, algae, roots, plants, snails, and fungi. Copper sulfate is highly toxic to fish. Even at recommended rates of application, this material may be poisonous to trout and other fish, especially in soft or acid waters. The toxicity of copper sulfate depends on the copper content. As an element, copper can persist indefinitely. Copper sulfate has been registered for use in pesticide products in the United States since 1956.